Sep 21 2011

Web Wednesdays

Published by at 2:57 pm under Eng170W

Our last two Web Wednesday classes have been a great learning experience. On the first day of class, I had learned that this would be a hybrid class and my immediate response was skepticism. My second response was on what I could possibly have to gain and what would occur should I fail. But now after these last two sessions of Web Wednesday, I have decided to retract my skepticism and view this as a perfect opportunity to obtain multiple skills and knowledge.

On the last Web Wednesday I had multiple moments where I had come to believe that I would be unable to pace myself and found that I felt rushed and anxious for the duration of the class time.

Today, I have found that if I pace myself and follow the format that is provided, things are not as difficult to understand as I had believed them to be. The instructions are not vague and instruct us to read carefully to avoid making mistakes, one of which I have made and corrected.

I am beginning to find many interesting things in this virtual classroom setting and I find joy in being able to understand and incorporate myself as well.

5 responses so far

5 Responses to “Web Wednesdays”

1.   valinirohiton 24 Sep 2011 at 6:01 pm

I totally agree with you. I was terrified when I found out this was a hybrid class. I thought I was the only one! I also felt rushed and anxious during our first Web Wednesday but this time around it was a lot better. I can’t wait for the next one!

2.   morgan92on 25 Sep 2011 at 10:45 am

This response was as well written as could be. She expressed her personal feelings really well and I could certainly relate to many of her comments especially when she wrote how rushed and anxious she was to complete her work during class time. However, I am a little surprised that in just two sessions she was able to adjust so well.

3.   mchanon 25 Sep 2011 at 10:49 am

I agree! I was pretty skeptic that these WW would work and a bit apprehensive at first because I wasn’t sure what kind of work it entailed. Surprisingly, the WW so far worked themselves out very well and very quickly after the first one. The first WW was kind of rough because we were confused and feeling our way through, but once we regrouped to discuss it and gave it a second try during the second WW, it worked like a well oiled machine an it was great! I’m def looking forward to the next ones too.

4.   Jessica Danielle Powellon 26 Sep 2011 at 6:28 am

When I heard that we would be doing a class online I was actually kind of excited but uneasy because I’ve never done anything like this before. The first Web Wed. I felt rushed too, at the end of class I literraly looked like this “0.o” and the smaller eye haddd to be twitching. But like you said this is a time for us to gain new skills and knowledge.

5.   sashaon 26 Sep 2011 at 8:36 am

^ LOL =D

I felt rushed, too, but I finally got the hang of it. =D I’m really glad to read everyone’s responses, because I feel a little less alone now >___> ! I just gotta admit, this is a lot more work than I thought! No complaints, though, I think I can handle it. =D

Trackback URI | Comments RSS